Based on prevention, returning to wellness, rejuvenation and longevity, Ayurveda, the ancient and traditional medical system of India, offers over 6,000 years of research and practice. Ayurveda is a living system that integrates the wisdoms of both ancient and modern sciences.
Goals of Taproot Ayurveda:
- Bringing the body into a balanced state where fundamental healing can occur
- Understanding basic concepts of the body’s natural state and how certain imbalances can affect the whole system
- Staying grounded and strong with changing seasons and rhythms of life
- Finding and maintaining vitality, relaxation, focus, stillness, and resiliency in daily life
- Developing self-discipline (self-inquiry) in nourishing ways that strengthen our awareness
- Cultivating patience, with self and with others
- Exploring practices of daily self-care that nurture wellness for the whole person
- Overcoming addictions and healing habits that don’t serve us
- Aligning what the body and mind needs with what the heart and soul needs
- Comprehensive initial consultations (in-person or on-line via video conference call)
- Follow-up visits (in-person or on-line via video conference call)
- Specialized treatments using Yoga, meditation, breath work, five-sense therapies, and much more
- Individual meal-planning assistance This includes the option of home-kitchen visits to help get you set up for successful and delicious culinary experiences that will be realistic for your life!
- Private Yoga Classes Custom-tailored to meet your individual needs. Classes can include everything from traditional movement practice, to meditation, breath-work, deep relaxation, and the study of Yoga philosophy.
- Custom herbal formals, incense and essential oil blends
Nancy is a certified Ayurvedic Wellness Counselor and member of the National Ayurvedic Medical Association (NAMA). She is also a certified Integral Hatha Yoga Instructor and Yoga of Recovery Counselor. Nancy been practicing Yoga for over 20 years, teaching for 15, and has been through loads of professional trainings in various realms of this vast field. She studied English Literature (BA/MA) at Virginia Tech where she also taught Communication Skills for a number of years; this is the seed that sparked her passion for teaching. She is a professionally trained chef who once owned a farm-to-table restaurant and catering business, and is a lover of wholesome food, gardening, and culinary expeditions. Nancy lives in a mountain cove of Western North Carolina, just outside of Asheville. Since moving here ten years ago, she has been working at a residential addiction treatment center where she teaches yoga, meditation, and mindfulness. She also teaches yoga for her local community. Keeping classes dynamic, immersive, adaptable and engaging has been a huge spark of creative joy in her life. One of her great gratitudes is being able to simply walk out the door and hike for hours…or days. She finds grounding and spiritual connection through the continuous font of awe that nature provides.